I am very thankful to have received this nomination by Shreyathewriter , whose own work is just as versatile as mine! I recommend that you check out their entry titled ‘Sordid’ in particular ( https://shreyaloveswriting.wordpress.com/2016/09/14/sordid/).
This award is quite poignant to me as I try to write about as many aspects of mental illness as I can. It can be an extremely difficult thing to juggle I have to admit! No sooner do I publish an entry on some current issue or another than I realise I’ve neglected talking about my own personal experience of having depression or something like that. It’s something I am still working on however. Maybe one day I’ll get the balance right.
7 Random facts about me:
- One of the gifts I received on my (recently celebrated) 23rd birthday was a miniature Thomas the Tank Engine toy from my parents. Ironically it was intended to be a hark back to the times where I would not part with it as a youngster – yet ironically I have no actual memory of playing with the thing. Like none at all. Oops.
- I have very flexible eyebrows
- I am currently near the beginning of the second season of a show called Mr. Robot. If you haven’t already checked it out I strongly recommend it. Its portrayal of mental illness is one that is very well written and the main character is someone who I can sympathise with!
- One of the reasons I like my job is not only because it is rewarding (if very tiring) to teach children when they are at such an enthusiastic age, but also because the regular holidays mean that I can pursue my other main passion – writing!
- Despite managing to write on a regular basis, I wish that I had more time to read. I have so many books on my shelves but at this rate I would need three whole lifetimes to get through them!
- Finding out what personality type I was (INTJ for the initiated) was one of the best decisions I made – more on that in a later post!
- I may or may not have allowed Pokemon Go to gain a massive influence over my life!
I nominate the following bloggers for The Versatile Blogger award – :
Rules to be followed:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share the award on your blog
- Share the seven random facts about yourself
- Tag 10 bloggers with less than 1000 followers and let them know they have been nominated
Emotional support helplines:
Samaritans :116 123
Rethink Mental Illness advice line 0300 5000 927 (Monday to Friday 09:30-16:00; local rate)
Sane Line:0845 767 8000
Mind also has a useful guide of support and services, which can be found by clicking the link right here