I was both surprised and flattered to learn that Bluish Taka (https://moreorlessbluish.wordpress.com/) has kindly nominated me for this award. Thank you so much. He’s a great up and coming blogger in his own right – check out his post on Movies, Depression, memorable scenes to see what I mean!
Truth be told, I had no idea what this award meant at first, but upon a bit of research I do now and, as a result, I am very happy to accept my nomination.
My Favourite blog
This is such a difficult one to answer. I’ve read so many blogs out there, and so many of you are talented writers who, in a fairer world, would get far more recognition and credit for what you do. Especially considering the personal and often emotionally draining nature of the subject you write about.
Yet, as rules are rules, I would have to say that is my favourite blog is A Schizoaffective Story. Not only does Dayne cover a vast range of topics about mental health, from legality to mindfulness to his own personal struggle with schizoaffective disorder, but he writes in such a way that I am find I learn something new with everything he posts.
Not to mention that he is unafraid to tackle controversial subjects, a quality I greatly admire in any blogger – there should be no single thing left untouched when it comes to battling the stigma surrounding mental health. On a side note, I have no idea how he manages to write so many great entries in such a short space of time – as I am sure my readers can testify, I am not so speedy with my writing!
10 Random Facts about me
- I am a massive fan of Doctor Who, Star Wars, Game of Thrones and anything else remotely science fiction/fantasy orientated!
- I have a scar on my forehead (Yes, I know – like a certain boy wizard) that I attained by falling off a bookshelf whilst failing in attempt to reach a Thomas the Tank Engine VCR as a toddler -it’s thankfully only faintly visible however.
- I travelled on a school, charity funded trip to Tanzania back in 2011 – this has given me the desire to travel the world one day.
- I work as a teaching assistant at a local primary school – it’s very rewarding despite the obvious pressures it places on my mental health.
- I have a family cat named Jodie – I don’t like the name – I feel like she should be called Tiddles or something.
- I have a beard that is getting a bit wild at the moment. I really ought to do something about that.
- I have a degree in English Literature. I like to think that it’s helped me in my writing somewhat.
- I’m a good swimmer – I can do about 200 lengths of the pool within a couple of hours on a good day.
- I have a desire to work in the film/TV industry one day. I just like the idea of being part of a collaborated creative process.
- I can do a pretty nail on impression of Heath Ledger’s Joker from The Dark Knight– tongue flicking and all! I blame too many alcohol fuelled night outs at university for this.
Questions from Bluish Taka
- If you get 1 million dollar, what will you do? Save the majority of it and spend the rest travelling the world.
- What will you choose for your “last supper”? Most probably lasagna.
- Who is the celebrity that you want to go out for coffee? Tricky question, but probably Steven Moffat.
- If you pick one, where do you want to travel? Everywhere and anywhere really. If I had to choose however, I’d go to Machu Picchu.
- Time, money, and friend, which one do you want most? Definitely friends. Having more time to get extra writing done is also a tempting option however!
- What language do you want to learn? Chinese
- If you become a pro athlete, which sports do you choose? Boxing
- No sugar, no salt, or no alcohol, which is the hardest for you? If you had asked me this a year or so ago I would have said alcohol. Now I’d say sugar.
- If you become an animal, what do you want to be? An Eagle. I like the idea of soaring over everything/everyone (I mean this in the least egotistical way possible!)
- If you become a plant, what do you want to be? A rose
- If you will reborn, do you want to be male or female? While it would be interesting being a female, I am a creature of comfort so I’ll go with male.
OFFICIAL RULES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD 2016
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog. At the official rule page, there are a whole lot of images you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (optional)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
- Don’t forget to create 11 questions for them to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do.
Blogs I want to nominate
I find all of these blogs to be inspiring and well written in each of their own individual ways:
11 questions for my nominees
- Other than writing, what is your greatest passion?
- Which country has the most interesting history?
- Do you own any pets? If so what?
- Favourite film/television show and why?
- Would you ever take up an extreme sport, such as skydiving?
- Fencing or archery? Which one sounds more appealing to you?
- How long does it take you to write an average blog entry?
- What were your favourite subjects in school?
- What’s the most therapeutic activity you do to help manage your mental illness?
- If you could change one law in your respective country, what would it be?
- Finally, a bit of a tongue in cheek question – Do you watch and/or like Doctor Who?